Skip to main content

Best game to come out of Australia?

Submitted by Kane on

I just picked up the latest copy of Hyper, and on the back page there is an ad for the next issue, which has a giant picture of one of the Transformers and the title "Transformers - One of the best games to come out of Australia?".

Now, Transformers does look quite smashing if I do say so myself, and when I read this ad I also wondered what everyone elses favourite Australian game is. Well, what is it?

(Also, on the same page in Hyper, they say they are going into an Australian development house. I'm guessing that its Atari, with all the Transformers reviews and all.)

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 11/05/04 - 8:50 AM Permalink

Tanhem: You have to actually be logged in to the forums (top rioght of the page) to view the edit reply etc. icons :) This stuck me for a while too!

I always thought that Tetris (gameboy pack-in) was the highest selling (shipping) game of all time!
On the subject of Doom, the original Doom was shareware as well as sold in a box wasn't it? If so i wonder if those 1 million or so includes copies of doom that were sold via shareware mailorder...
And on the subject of games in general, any game that sells over 500,000 units has done something right in my book :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Rahnem on Tue, 11/05/04 - 7:44 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Blitz

Tanhem: You have to actually be logged in to the forums (top rioght of the page) to view the edit reply etc. icons :) This stuck me for a while too!

yep, that worked. Im such a dill. cheers.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:38 AM Permalink

Perhaps at some point someone from Melbourne House could send in a photo of the Big Plaque in their reception area that has on it every game melbourne house has created. This is, a Big Plaque! and contains (at a rough count when i looked at it) over 150 titles on around 15-20+ systems.

I would love to get a picture of this! I'll place it in the Sumea Flashback section.
Can someone take a photo of it for me please!

Posted by Kane on

I just picked up the latest copy of Hyper, and on the back page there is an ad for the next issue, which has a giant picture of one of the Transformers and the title "Transformers - One of the best games to come out of Australia?".

Now, Transformers does look quite smashing if I do say so myself, and when I read this ad I also wondered what everyone elses favourite Australian game is. Well, what is it?

(Also, on the same page in Hyper, they say they are going into an Australian development house. I'm guessing that its Atari, with all the Transformers reviews and all.)

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 11/05/04 - 8:50 AM Permalink

I always thought that Tetris (gameboy pack-in) was the highest selling (shipping) game of all time!
On the subject of Doom, the original Doom was shareware as well as sold in a box wasn't it? If so i wonder if those 1 million or so includes copies of doom that were sold via shareware mailorder...
And on the subject of games in general, any game that sells over 500,000 units has done something right in my book :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Rahnem on Tue, 11/05/04 - 7:44 PM Permalink

yep, that worked. Im such a dill. cheers.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:38 AM Permalink

Perhaps at some point someone from Melbourne House could send in a photo of the Big Plaque in their reception area that has on it every game melbourne house has created. This is, a Big Plaque! and contains (at a rough count when i looked at it) over 150 titles on around 15-20+ systems.

I would love to get a picture of this! I'll place it in the Sumea Flashback section.
Can someone take a photo of it for me please!