Authored byBig Ant Studios
Authored onTuesday, 24 November, 2020 - 11:34 AM
Join Big Ant Studios as a User Interface Programmer and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, building user interfaces that complement the gameplay visuals and experience. You will work within a small, collaborative team where you will have the opportunity to shape the UI of our future titles.
• Working with the lead engineer to develop UI features and systems
• Collaborating with the UI designers to develop the user experience
• Creating and maintaining technical design documents
• Self-managing programming task schedule updates and coordinating with the production team
• Reviewing user interface and optimising performance and resource utilisation
• Consulting with UI designers to ensure best performance and user experience
• Shipped at least 1 game as UI engineer for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS or next/now gen.
• Proficiency in C++
• Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
• Works well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of performance/memory constraints of building game UI required
• Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
• Good debugging skills
• 2+ years programming experience
• Experience on the last or current consoles (Playstation, Xbox)
• Experience with NoesisGUI
• Experience with other UI development tools such as like QT
• Experience with design patterns (MVC/MVVM)
• Working knowledge of C#
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
While currently Work from Home, when we’re back on site Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, Friday pizzas, social events and professional development support.
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers.