Authored onFriday, 19 February, 2021 - 6:02 PM
Zero One is a multi-discipline studio based in Collingwood. We focus on game art outsourcing, mixed reality, and interactive experiences for the gaming, museum and commercial industries. We are growing quickly and we need someone who wants to grow with us. Recent projects include Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition and an unreleased Zelda title.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are on the hunt for a lead artist, or a senior artist who has achieved a mid to high-level role in an established game company. The successfult candidate will have a passion for gaming and interactive experiences, world class hands-on 3D and 2D skills, combined with unbelievable people skills! The role includes working with management, coordinating and directing the team to set and maintain the highest quality standards of art production, that must hit our targets in the allotted time.
Excellent organisational ability and able to handle jobs with thousands of assets.
Expert skills in a number of modeling and texturing packages, and experience with game engines such as UE4 and Unity
Understand how to improve art pipelines and processes, mentor staff, conduct performance reviews and lead by example
Exceptional eye for detail and experience with the technical side of 3D art creation
Some offsite work may be necessary
The role is for a minimum of 12 months with an eye to a permanent position.
MAIN DUTIES include but are not limited to
- Providing leadership, knowledge and inspiration to a team of artists who have a passion for learning
- Working closely with the artists to make sure they have the knowledge and support to achieve their tasks in the required time frame
- Performing quality assurance and reviewing work submitted by developers and designers
- Communicate effectively
- Ensuring consistency of style in output of art assets
- Outputting high-quality 3D art and assets quickly, with a high attention to detail.
- Supporting the creation, maintenance and updating of project documentation
- Working with the producer to scope out projects and tasks and troubleshoot issues
- Promoting positive team morale, empowering everyone to achieve their best and take pride in their work
- Researching new processes, pipelines and software
- Liaising with clients to understand and incorporate their feedback and provide solutions
- Supporting the training and induction of talent into Zero One
- At least 5 years’ experience in a mid to senior position of a game company
- An excellent portfolio of high-quality artwork, primarily in the 3D gaming space
- Excellent communication, written language (spelling!) and organisational skills
- Excellent understanding of the video game development pipeline and processes
- A passion for games, virtual reality and interactive experiences