Authored byBig Ant Studios
Authored onFriday, 26 March, 2021 - 11:38 AM
Join Big Ant Studios as a Generalist Programmer and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio. You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, building user interfaces that complement the gameplay visuals and experience. You will work within a small, collaborative team where you will have the opportunity to help shape our future titles.
- Designing and implementing new systems, while improving existing systems in C++
- Self-managing programming task schedule updates and coordinating with the production team
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Big Ant Engine code base
- Analysing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Very good understanding of C++
- Experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of engine or middleware and associated pipeline
- Passionate about playing and making games
- Basic knowledge of debugging tools
- Familiar with basic speed and memory considerations
- Familiar with optimisation principles
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in organising work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to quickly learn to use new tools
- Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
- Good debugging skills
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, voluntary social events, and professional development support.
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers.