Authored onWednesday, 31 March, 2021 - 8:56 AM
Mid/Senior Game Producer (Internal Development)
Blowfish Studios is expanding its studio and we're seeking an experienced Producer to join us to create the best PC, console and mobile games! You can look forward to leading the release of games on multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate has experience working with clients or publishers on a live game, and has experience taking at least one medium to large scope game from pre-production through to launch, while working with established IP.
This role offers the opportunity to both support the ongoing development of a live product, while also leading the development team into full production of a new game based on an established IP for next-gen consoles!
- Be the key point of contact between Clients and the local development team
- Advocate for the development and delivery of regular updates of a live game, balancing client requirements including delivery of a stable release build to hard deadlines
- Focus on future update timelines including defining update scope and build schedules, while supporting the Assistant Producer and QA team in delivering and sending builds
- Communicate critical timeline and status information to external development teams
- Work with the Executive Producer, Game Director, and Project Department Leads to define deliverable milestones, taking into consideration short and long-term project goals, scope, pipelines, and staffing
- Ensure the development team remains on track to address milestone goals, responding to unexpected changes and development by reprioritisation, or escalating when necessary
- Communicate with IP holders to seek feedback and approval on asset design, narrative and gameplay concepts, as well as deliver development updates
- Mentor and manage junior production staff, both direct and indirect reports
- Have your hand on the pulse of team morale, and be focused on enhancing engagement and excitement while offering support
- Contribute to the improvement of production and development processes and tools
- Participate in promotional activities for the game/studio
Skills and Experience
- Experience as an Assistant/Associate Producer (or more senior) over the course of a medium-scale game (1.5 - 2 years development)
- Previous experience as a lead/solo Producer on a live game
- Displayed aptitude for organisation, followup, and clear written and verbal communication
- Works independently, but isn’t afraid to ask questions or seek support!
Nice to Have:
- Qualifications in Project Management are highly regarded, but not necessary
- Experience working directly with IP holders and/or clients
While our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience working with IP holders, and experience on both a live game as well as brought a medium scope game to market, we will provide support and training on the job, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects of different priorities.
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.
Note that while the majority of the studio is working from home, this role will require the ability to come in to our North Sydney office on request.
- Primary Software: Google Docs, Trello
- Secondary Software: Adobe Photoshop or Creative Suite, Sourcetree (or other git tools), Jenkins
- Other Software: Unity, Unreal 4
Platform(s): PC, PS4/5, XB1/SX, Switch, Web, iOS, Android
Required Spoken Language(s): English
Required Work Auth.: Australian Permanent Resident
Location: Sydney - currently working remotely, with weekly in office meetings.
Located in Sydney, Blowfish Studios is an indie game developer and publisher. We create awesome games with creative gameplay & stunning visuals. Be part of a small, talented and creative team of artists, support staff and programmers.
Everyone at Blowfish is driven to create fun and enjoyable games that all types of people will play. We strive for technical and artistic excellence, all while building relationships with our clients and partners. All working together to create games that compete with the best in the world for many different gaming platforms.
We certainly have our favourite games that we like to play and make, but we love creating games in general. Because of this we are able to put all our passion, energy and creativeness into every game we develop. Whether it's our own idea or for one of our clients, we believe in making the best game we can.
Send us links to your most recent work/portfolio, an up-to-date resume and other supporting material to: email@example.com. Make sure you specify the position you are applying for in the subject line!