Authored onThursday, 8 April, 2021 - 2:01 PM
We are seeking a programmer to join us in improving and maintaining our adaptive audio engine: FMOD Studio. This is a full time/permanent position based in Melbourne, Australia. In this role, you will develop tools and run-time code that extend creative possibilities for game developers. You will be required to maintain existing functionality, add features, debug faults, and improve the overall stability and performance of the product.
What we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of C++.
- Great refactoring, code maintenance and comprehension skills.
- An understanding of the debugging and optimization process.
- Ability to work independently, learn, adapt, and be self-motivated.
- 5+ years professional programming experience.
- Only open to Australian Permanent Residents or Citizens.
Additional skills that will help you stand out:
- Strong writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- UI/UX sensibilities.
- Game development experience (Unity/UE4) and/or experience with audio technology.
- Mobile or Game Console development experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
About Firelight Technologies:
- We are conveniently located near Flagstaff station / Victoria Markets.
- We have a casual dress code with flexible working hours.
- We have a positive and friendly team environment.
- We work on interesting challenges.
- Our technology is used by game developers across the world.