Authored byToast VR
Authored onMonday, 19 April, 2021 - 1:28 PM
Video Game Audio/Sound Engineer - Toast VR
Design & Architecture - Sound
Full Time – 4 mths (with a view to longer as needed)
About the Company
We are a female-led game studio that operates in the exciting Virtual Reality Industry. We earned global success since establishing our studio in 2016 and continue to remain in the top-selling VR titles world-wide. We are a high performing team who value positive work-life integration and operate with a social conscience.
This is a 4-month - full- time role, based in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Our indie VR studio is deep into the production of our next title and requires a Sound/Audio Engineer to collaborate directly with our Lead Game Designer to develop, plan, and execute cutting edge audio.
You will be required to work with our team in-office for a minimum of 3 days per week, 2 days remotely if desired.
Our environment is a nice mix of creativity and functional productivity with an emphasis on delivering top quality games, through solid development, design, art and sound.
Additionally, yYou will have the opportunity to collaborate with prominent musicians and producers for varied elements of the new title.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 Years experience in sound design/engineering
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team, acting as an exemplary representative of the audio team at-large.
- Experience with Wwise, or FMob designer
- Has a general grasp of the entire production process and how sound and animation can interact.
- Strong problem-solving and can-do attitude.
- Can author unique, stylised, satisfying industry-best audio and technical sound systems for VR use in-game (VFX)
- Can create ambient soundscape
- Can manage voice talent
- Working knowledge of game development cycles, proficiency with both proprietary and standard game development tools.
- Keen interest in VR games and challenges presented with VR sound design.
- Willing and able to work in the Gold Coast office.
- Can show previous experience working on game with Unity
- Particular interest in classic 3D platformers like Mario, Crash, Ratchet and Clank (for Friday afternoon games days)
Reporting to: Game Designer / Co-Founder
To apply, please include examples of your work, portfolio link along with your CV and cover letter answering the following questions;
- Tell us about your sound design work that you feel most proud of.
- Please indicate your preferred annual salary
No agencies please.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Toast VR.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Applications close 27 April