Authored onMonday, 3 May, 2021 - 9:45 AM
Junior to Mid Level
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking a talented Graphic Designer to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience as a graphic designer working in a creative field, has worked in a team environment, is able to self-manage tasks, and is super passionate about video games!
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is work-from-home, this role will require the ability to come into the North Sydney office on request, if you are located within the greater Sydney area.
- Produce art assets as directed by a Producer, Art Lead or the Art Director on any of a variety of production tasks in the artist field of specialisation.
- Follow workflow pipelines and organise assets according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for understanding and following updates on documents and processes in the area of specialisation.
- Seeks approval of personal task time estimates.
- Solicits peer review for initial feedback on art assets when appropriate.
- Can be relied upon by leads & producers to meet production task times with an appropriate quality level.
- Understands the importance of and accurately employs established asset organizational structures and naming conventions.
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field.
- Min. 1 year of experience in a professional creative environment.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite of software.
- Strong artistic, graphic design and illustration abilities.
- Good understanding of design principles, techniques and knowhow.
- Flexibility & versatility when it comes to different types of project styles and directions.
- Excellent attention to detail and creative flair.
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments (design, production, QA, publishing).
- A passion for video games with a good knowledge of different game genres.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities.
Nice to Have
- Experience with UI and/or UX.
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal.
- Experience with Motion Graphics.
- Experience with Blender 3D.
- Salary: DOE
- Relocation: No
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Full-time: Yes
- Location: Sydney - currently working remotely, with weekly in office meeting
Located in Sydney, Blowfish Studios is an indie game developer. We create awesome games with creative gameplay & stunning visuals. Be part of a small, talented and creative team of artists, support staff and programmers.
Everyone at Blowfish is driven to create fun and enjoyable games that all types of people will play. We strive for technical and artistic excellence, all while building relationships with our clients and partners. All working together to create games that compete with the best in the world for many different gaming platforms.
We certainly have our favourite games that we like to play and make, but we love creating games in general. Because of this we are able to put all our passion, energy and creativeness into every game we develop. Whether it's our own idea or for one of our clients, we believe in making the best game we can.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com
Provide an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio, (artstation, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.