Authored onWednesday, 9 June, 2021 - 2:03 PM
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our growing team, in the exciting and ever changing mobile games industry. Great mobile games require the perfect blend of creativity & quantitative skills, and are often at the forefront of intelligent use of data to improve business outcomes and customer experience.
The role will be working closely on all things data across two exciting new unreleased mobile games (A decadent food-themed decoration game and an action-packed sequel to one of our most popular games with over 100M downloads). You’ll be joining a team of artists, programmers, designers and product managers striving to bring creative, and data-informed mobile games to market.
We enjoy a flat hierarchy at Not Doppler, and this role will report directly into the leadership team. It represents an exciting opportunity to be the first Data Analyst within the company and help shape our use of data into the future.
This role is open to candidates in Sydney or remote. Competitive pay based on experience.
Key duties will include:
- Helping define, design and collaborate with product managers and data engineers on the optimum in-game events structure and custom dashboard requirements
- Monitor & Analyse KPIs, providing key insights to the product teams.
- Deep Dive and run ad-hoc analysis on game economy, new features, and live ops events. Using your insights, you’ll provide recommendations to improve the performance and balancing of these features into the future, including running and monitoring A/B tests.
- Support the User Acquisition efforts of the business, by providing analysis and predictive modelling support of cohort KPIs like retention, LTV and ROAS curves.
- Drive forward-looking analysis to help identify opportunities to improve growth of our mobile products.
- Help identify and define user segments based on quantitative metrics, for better targeting of in-app promotions and offers.
- Embed a culture of leveraging dashboards and analytics amongst the broader game development teams.
- Familiarity with mobile games or freemium business models, with an understanding of what drives commercial success for mobile apps.
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business)
- High competence with visualization tools
- Strong communication and visualisation skills.
- Investigative and highly motivated to uncover the root cause of business problems.
- Confidence in working autonomously, and managing your own schedule
Bonus Skills & interests, but not required:
- Experience working within the games or mobile app industry
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, including Firebase and BigQuery.
- Experience with Mobile Measurement Partners like AppsFlyer, and other third-party mobile app/games analytics solutions
- A solid foundational understanding of games-centric KPIs, including: LTV, CPI, ROAS, ARPDAU, ARPPU, Retention, CTR and CPM.
- Statistical Modelling experience, or data-centric programming skills such as R or Python.
- Machine learning experience
- An interest in food and/or cooking, as one of our new titles is heavily leaning on this theme!
If you’ve been wanting to work in the exciting mobile games space, this is a great opportunity to join an ambitious project, while having the ability to have a significant influence on the way we leverage data to drive business success.
This role is available in-person (in Sydney) or remotely for candidates within Australia, New Zealand, Singapore or other regions within the time zones of GMT +7 to +12.
Our team of 21 is predominantly based in Sydney, Australia, with a mixture of working flexibly in-office or at home. Relocation could be an option if of interest, but not required.
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications open until position is filled
Not Doppler is a Sydney-based mobile games developer. Our most popular games include Earn to Die 2 and Crash of Cars, with a combined 300 million+ downloads to date. More info on our studio can be found at: