Authored byHipster Whale
Authored onThursday, 22 July, 2021 - 10:52 AM
Hipster Whale is seeking a talented Creative Pipeline Assistant to help us organise data on an exciting project! This is a 6-month full-time role based in Melbourne. There is also the possibility this role will extend beyond 6 months.
The project is still not announced but if you like DIY, making things, building LEGO, collecting all the fish in Animal Crossing...this might be your jam.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Methodically processing assets, ensuring features are correct and of a high standard
- Organising information and tracking your progress
- Following detailed guidelines to ensure asset meets strict design requirements
- Communicating with the team to report on your status and flag any roadblocks you may encounter
- You appreciate well organised information and enjoy the process to get it there
- You’re happy to handle tasks that may feel repetitive at times (there will be a fair amount of data entry and bug fixing involved)
- You can follow instructions, even the boring little steps that many of us like to skip over!
- You’ve got a good eye for detail and will often spot visual imperfections
- 1-3 years of experience in a commercial studio (not necessarily a games studio, but experience working in a professional technical team is a must)
- Clear and reliable communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- You know your way around Excel or Google Sheets
- Able to follow instructions with high attention to detail
- General technical capabilities - you don’t need to be a programmer, but you should be keen to learn new tools (or willing to be taught)
- Must be legally able to work in Australia and willing to work at our Melbourne office
- QA and compliance experience
- Data entry experience
- Experience with Unity game engine
- Able to start immediately
- Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, as well as a CV outlining your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org with [POSITION TITLE - YOUR NAME] in the subject.
Unfortunately, we’re not able to consider remote applicants for this position.
Although everyone at Hipster Whale is encouraged to contribute in the design process, we want to be clear this is not a Game Design role.
Applications close COB Friday, 30 July 2021.