Authored onThursday, 22 July, 2021 - 10:01 AM
This is an exciting opportunity to 'break into' or 'grow your career' in the video games industry at a fast-growing and ambitious video games studio.
To make a great game we need smart automated tests that track how our game's features perform, quickly detect defects, stress our servers and generally help our teams move fast. Our Quality Assurance team is a key part of that.
Having played a lot of games is great, but for this role we are seeking a Software Engineer in Test who will provide automation test solutions for Icarus. If you are new to video game development, please include in your cover letter why you are interested in working on games.
In this role you will focus on:
- Create automation test solutions within the engine, art pipeline, and servers
- Design, implement, and maintain the test automation frameworks and test pipeline
- Develop a suite of tests and maps to monitor performance and identify issues early
- Work closely with the the technical team to understand the need for automation and develop solutions
- Clearly communicate and document issues, their importance and risk to the project
- Understand software systems and architecture, design requirements and production
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in software programming and automation development
- Experience with performance and stress testing
- Professional experience in C++
- Understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and processes
- Experience in test automation and tools
- Bonus points for experience in games
- Major bonus points for experience with the Unreal Automation System
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in downtown Auckland. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.