Authored onFriday, 23 July, 2021 - 10:10 AM
We're looking for a Senior Unity Programmer to help us launch PC indie games. In this role you will be part of a small team of developers (with supporting game design, art and audio teams input) to deliver the projects on schedule and within budget.
One of the games, Stationeers is a space station building and management sim featuring complex atmospheric, electrical, manufacturing, agriculture, gravitational and online multiplayer systems. It's already available in early access and has a great player community to engage with. You'd also work on a second unannounced project, a 2D base building and exploration game.
Reporting to the Technical Lead, in this role you will:
- Architect fundamental game systems, with an eye for reuse and optimisation
- Focus on the user experience as much as the code
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system
- Collaborate with the design and programming teams to quickly prototype interaction concepts for the game
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning your own work
- Identify and provide tools and other best practices to aid project delivery
- Maintain technical documentation
- At least 4 years industry experience
- Published games built with Unity
- Experience in working collaboratively within a programmer team
- Extensive experience in C# and Unity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A tertiary qualification (Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar) or equivalent industry experience
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in the PwC Tower in downtown Auckland. We highly value diversity and can offer flexible working arrangements. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.