Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 3:15 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, BAFTA winners and creator/developer of the Path of Exile series, a dark and gritty ARPG. We’re growing and seek a 3D Art Generalist to help create and handle art assets in Path of Exile. You will work to create, improve and maintain the aesthetic of environments, characters and monsters. You would give critique, manage and prepare other artists’ work to ensure functionality with our in-house tools and pipeline.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
- Experience as a 3D Artist/Generalist in a professional studio
- Good general knowledge of Maya when it comes to modelling, texturing and basic rigging.
- Good understanding of import/export processes using .obj/.fbx file formats.
- Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
- Proficiency in Maya and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Substance and PBR materials is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- An avid gamer with a deep understanding of our game, Path of Exile.
- Experience working in the game industry highly regarded
- TD skills
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA/Diploma in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
Who can apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are legally permitted to work in New Zealand or if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease, we want to hear from you!
* Note: No VISA sponsorship offered
Covid-19 hiring policy:
Some roles can expect to begin as remote positions, but our expectation is for you to join us in Auckland as travel restrictions ease.
*Long-term remote considered for very senior artists/animators with exceptional portfolios/reels only.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.