Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 9:25 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek a 3D Environment Artist to join us at our studio in Auckland.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
- Use artistic and technical skills to create and modify digital sets and props, maintaining a consistent aesthetic across your work
- Create high-quality work using a variety of software programs
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Take direction from the Art Director and engage with Producers
- Attend regular team meetings, providing updated status and progress of your deliverables.
- 3 years of industry experience creating quality 3D environments and other assets
- Strong proven ability using Photoshop, Maya, Substance
- Ability to research and learn new tools quickly
- Proven 3D modelling expertise in organic matter and also hard surface
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team-focused environment
- Solid artistic skills with a strong understanding of real-world materials are essential and must be demonstrated in your portfolio
- Willing to help mentor less experienced artists if required
- Passion and ability to drive realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments, items, characters and monster designs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team environment
- A strong portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
- Must be willing to complete an art test as part of the job application process if requested to do so
Nice to have:
- Avid gamer with a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes
- Experience working in the game industry highly regarded
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
- TD skills
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for). Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.