Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 9:25 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, BAFTA winners and creator/developer of the Path of Exile series, a dark and gritty ARPG. We’re growing and seek experienced Environment Artists to join us at our studio in Henderson, Auckland.
Onsite preferred in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
* Remote considered for exceptional, senior game artists only
- Use artistic and technical skills to create and modify digital sets and props, maintaining a consistent aesthetic across your work
- Create high-quality work using a variety of software programs
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Take direction from the Art Director and engage with Producers
- Attend regular team meetings, providing updated status and progress of your deliverables.
- 3 years of industry experience creating quality 3D environments and other assets
- Strong proven ability using Photoshop, Maya, Substance
- Ability to research and learn new tools quickly
- Proven 3D modelling expertise in organic matter and also hard surface
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team-focused environment
- Solid artistic skills with a strong understanding of real-world materials are essential and must be demonstrated in your portfolio
- Willing to help mentor less experienced artists if required
- Passion and ability to drive realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments, items, characters and monster designs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team environment
- A strong portfolio
- Must be willing to complete an art test as part of the job application process if requested to do so
Nice to have:
- Avid gamer with a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes
- Experience working in the game industry highly regarded
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
- TD skills
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
Who can apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are legally permitted to work in New Zealand or if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease, we want to hear from you!
* Note: No VISA sponsorships offered
Covid-19 hiring policy:
Some roles can expect to begin as remote positions, but our expectation is for you to join us in Auckland as travel restrictions ease.
*Long-term remote considered for very senior artists/animators with exceptional portfolios/reels only.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.