Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 10:36 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, BAFTA winners and creator/developer of the Path of Exile series, a dark and gritty ARPG. We’re growing and seek experienced Concept Artists to join us at our studio in Henderson, Auckland.
Onsite preferred in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed - see Who Can Apply below
*Remote considered for exceptional game concept artists only
- Develop concept art, maintaining a consistent aesthetic across the game
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Be aware of project/task schedules and deliver work to deadlines
- Engage with the Creative Director, Art Directors and Producers
- 3+ years experience as a game concept artist
- Experience in 2D/3D artistic modelling or texturing in game development
- Superior eye for lighting, value, colour, texture and details
- A firm grasp of composition and anatomy as it relates to games
- Passion and ability for creating realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments, items, characters and monster designs.
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team environment
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team environment
- A strong portfolio
- Avid gamer with a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
Who can apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are legally permitted to work in New Zealand or if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease, we want to hear from you!
* Note: No VISA sponsorships offered
Covid-19 hiring policy:
Some roles can expect to begin as remote positions, but our expectation is for you to join us in Auckland as travel restrictions ease.
*Long-term remote considered for very senior artists/animators with exceptional portfolios/reels only.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.