Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 2:56 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek a Level Designer to create content for Path of Exile. You will develop randomised levels with high replayability while maintaining the Path of Exile aesthetic across the game.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance if required
- Create immersive and replayable gameplay that supports and enhances the core mechanics and aesthetic.
- Ensure a high level of quality through close collaboration with the Creative Director, Art Directors, Game Designers, Environment Artists, Sound Designers and other disciplines.
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
- Quickly learn to master our internal tools, and assist in making them better.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune the game Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleagues' work
- 2+ years of game industry experience
- Game design sensibilities
- Experience using Maya or a high level of proficiency in a similar 3D modelling tool
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Avid gamer that has a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.