Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 2:56 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, BAFTA winners and creator/developer of the Path of Exile series, a dark and gritty ARPG. We’re growing and seek a Level Designer to create content for Path of Exile. You will develop randomised levels with high replayability while maintaining the Path of Exile aesthetic across the game.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
- Create immersive and replayable gameplay that supports and enhances the core mechanics and aesthetic.
- Ensure a high level of quality through close collaboration with the Creative Director, Art Directors, Game Designers, Environment Artists, Sound Designers and other disciplines.
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
- Quickly learn to master our internal tools, and assist in making them better.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune the game Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleagues' work
- 2+ years of game industry experience
- Game design sensibilities
- Experience using Maya or a high level of proficiency in a similar 3D modelling tool
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Avid gamer that has a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes.
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an level design test if requested to do so.
Who can apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are legally permitted to work in New Zealand or if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease, we want to hear from you!
* Note: No VISA sponsorships offered
Covid-19 hiring policy:
Some roles can expect to begin as remote positions, but our expectation is for you to join us in Auckland as travel restrictions ease.
*Long-term remote considered for very senior artists/animators with exceptional portfolios/reels only.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.