Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 2:56 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year
2020 Winner - British Academy Award (BAFTA) for Evolving Game
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm. We also offer pre-approved overtime pay!
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
We seek a Level Designer to create content for Path of Exile. You will develop randomised levels with high replayability while maintaining the Path of Exile aesthetic across the game. We are looking for an avid gamer that has a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
Full-time position - 40 hours a week
- Create immersive and replayable gameplay that supports and enhances the core mechanics and aesthetic.
- Ensure a high level of quality through close collaboration with the Creative Director, Art Directors, Game Designers, Environment Artists, Sound Designers and other disciplines.
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
- Quickly learn to master our internal tools, and assist in making them better.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune the game Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleagues' work
- 2+ years of game industry experience
- Game design sensibilities
- Experience using Maya or a high level of proficiency in a similar 3D modelling tool
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art/design test if requested to do so.
- Avid gamer that has a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.