Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 9:18 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, BAFTA winners and creator/developer of the Path of Exile series, a dark and gritty ARPG. We’re growing and seek Senior Animators to join us in Henderson, Auckland.
A Senior Animator is responsible for creating animation assets and working with the Creative Director, Animation Lead, Designers, and Riggers to realise characters, creatures/monsters, or special effects.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Remote considered for exceptional animators
- Create interesting and realistic animation of characters, creatures and special effects under the direction of the Animation Lead and Creative Director
- Be aware of project schedules and deliver work to deadlines
- Work with Designers, Riggers
- 7 years animation experience in a professional studio.
- Solid body mechanics and experience animating general combat, melee weapons and magic for human characters and creatures.
- Proven experience in a professional production pipeline and the ability to create high-quality animation.
- Fluent in Maya.
- The ability to take constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude.
- Independently self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated experience with hand-keyed hand-to-hand combat
- Must have examples of human and creature animation on your reel
- Team lead experience is a plus.
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an animation test if requested to do so.
Who can apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are legally permitted to work in New Zealand or if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease, we want to hear from you!
* Note: No VISA sponsorships offered
Covid-19 hiring policy:
Some roles can expect to begin as remote positions, but our expectation is for you to join us in Auckland as travel restrictions ease.
*Long-term remote considered for very senior artists/animators with exceptional portfolios/reels only.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.