Authored onWednesday, 15 September, 2021 - 10:58 AM
At League of Geeks we're passionate about creating beautiful and visually compelling experiences. With some of the best concept artists amongst our ranks, we're now on the hunt for an exceptional 3D generalist to join our team.
Under guidance from the art director, the 3D generalist will contribute to the artistic vision by building and texturing 3D game assets such as environmental art, weapons and props, VFX, UI, and more. Candidates must possess the ability to create and finish appealing 3D models, across a broad range of needs. Utilising both artistic and technical skills, they will also be responsible for utilising their experience to apply best practices in crafting real-time assets for games and bringing those assets into Unity, working with others to create vivid game scenes.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Expertise in creating 3D assets for games, both high and low poly.
- An understanding of and experience with 3D art pipelines for games.
- The ability to adapt artistic style to match concept art or vision.
- Creative spirit with a burning desire to craft great art.
- The ability to work independently and manage task lists and workflow.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Modelling, texturing, material setup, lighting and VFX as needed.
- Work with design, code and art departments to create and implement 3D game art.
- Work within Unity 3D to guarantee your work thrives within technical and gameplay constraints.
- Assist in creating marketing assets from game art.
- Continual improvement of their own processes and pipelines.
- Collaborate with other developers and contribute to the development of artistic techniques and processes.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer Family Picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.