Authored onThursday, 2 September, 2021 - 11:38 AM
At League of Geeks we are passionate about creating successful, unique games that break the mould. We are looking for experienced engineers who can bring a diverse set of skills, life experience and positivity to our team. You will be capable of creating innovative game experiences in collaboration with others, while diversifying and honing your own skills.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on wellbeing, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on new and exciting projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Experienced in C# (or C++).
- Experience with the Unity 3D game engine (or Unreal game engine).
- Have worked on at least one commercial PC, console or mobile videogame.
- Detail sensitivity, thoroughness and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Collaborate with designers to develop and implement the game design.
- Collaborate with all disciplines and departments to create a great player experience.
- Developing core systems that will form the basis of the gameplay experience.
- Taking care to write efficient and maintainable code, with an eye to a quality end-user experience.
- Providing input and further developing the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle.
- To take responsibility for your own tasks and estimations, with support from leads and production.
- Actively problem-solve performance and stability issues when necessary.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.