Authored onTuesday, 14 September, 2021 - 5:21 PM
We're looking for a talented illustrator with a passion for digital painting to join us as a member of the team at the very heart of our creation process, responsible for bringing our characters, world, and aesthetic signature to life.
Your exceptional creativity and artistic skills will create enthralling visions of our world and characters, seen front and center in our games. Above all, your attention to detail, understanding of visual storytelling, and vivid imagination will contribute to the team's objectives of creating a videogame and universe players have never experienced before.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Note: This role is available either on a full-time ongoing basis, or a 1-2 year remote contract position.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- A strong creative spirit, with a passion for imagining and painting fully-realised, vivid and wild game art.
- Exceptional digital illustration skills with a high proficiency in role-relevant software/tools such as Photoshop.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of anatomy, lighting, values, palette, composition, use of detail, and visual storytelling.
- The ability to swiftly execute on a vision, with adaptability to varying deadlines and requirements.
- High degree of organic, costume and architectural knowledge.
- The ability to adapt and apply yourself to differing art styles and requirements.
- Strong desire to work closely with the art director to ensure the game's art improves the player experience.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Create illustration work that inspires and intrigues, enrolling others into our unique artistic vision.
- Help build the vision, and windows to the worlds we’re creating together, flexing your imagination.
- Work within the technical guidelines and restraints of the game as it develops.
- Coordinate with the art, design and production leads to help accomplish project goals.
- Work with the art director to maintain and promote a consistent aesthetic style.
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular, self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.