Authored onWednesday, 15 September, 2021 - 11:13 AM
League of Geeks is looking for a Talent Specialist to join our team on a full-time, 12 month contract. You are an enthusiastic and pro-active recruiter who has a genuine interest and flair for helping people, whilst being able to understand what drives them, and enabling the value they can bring to our team on a cultural, as well as technical level.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two, brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Note: This is a full-time, 12 month contract position with the possibility of ongoing employment, though make no mistake, you will be a critical part of the LoG family.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Prior experience in recruitment, talent acquisition, or people focused positions.
- 3+ years experience working in the creative industries (ie: Videogames, Film, TV, etc)
- Experience interviewing and negotiating with candidates.
- A passion for developing inclusive talent sourcing strategies and processes to attract and acquire diverse talent.
- Basic understanding of the videogame industry, development roles and practices.
- Able to work autonomously with a self-motivating, positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills. You are charismatic and empathetic.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, balancing studio needs with the intricacies of individuals.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Lead talent and recruitment efforts with a personal, human touch.
- Meet ambitious recruitment deadlines whilst achieving key strategic targets.
- Manage the entire recruitment pipeline from defining new roles with the team to onboarding new hires.
- Active sourcing, canvassing and recruitment of underrepresented/diverse candidates.
- Interview, screen and perform reference checks on candidates.
- Handle relocation assistance for successful candidates as required.
- Develop and maintain effective pipelines in our HRIS, with an eye for building an experienced and diverse workforce.
- Manage and further develop LoG's work experience, graduate and internship programs.
- Respond to general enquiries regarding careers, internships, work experience, industry partnerships.
- Making decisions with the success and responsibility of the business as a core consideration.
- Assist the leadership team, hiring managers and founders on talent-focused decisions.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.