Authored onFriday, 15 October, 2021 - 10:38 PM
Guck is working on a magical new Video Game codenamed ‘Future Folklore’ that is Aboriginal-led and will be released on both mobile & console. This game is an Australian-first and we’re looking for a Concept Artist to join our team and bring this magical world to life!
About the Role:
The pay rate is $35-$40 per hour, dependent on experience. This is initially a 3-month contract for roughly 6-10 hours a week flexible, with the ability for an ongoing extension for the right candidate.
The GUCK office is located in Footscray, Melbourne, Australia. Until it is COVID-safe, we will be working remotely. We are open to remote work for the right candidate.
- $35-$40 AUD per hour casual contractor rate, dependent on experience
- Guest talks, fun field trips and nature studies
- Multi-Award winning team
- Awesome company culture: supportive, inclusive environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- All of the snacks
- Prioritised wellbeing: reasonable working hours, Employee Assistance Program and In-house Wellbeing Officer
- Paid training and time allocated for skill development
- Translating concepts from the Art Director and Game Designer into practical & useful concept art, including environments, plants, landscapes and other concepts as required
- Strong artistic ability—drawing, painting, digital illustration skills and a high degree of familiarity with relevant software
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, colour, staging
- A firm understanding of colour theory, texture & light
- Experience with creating stylized art and an interest in nature and magical concepts
- Flexible, imaginative and willing to experiment and adapt to different art styles
- Demonstrated communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills
- A genuine passion for working on a groundbreaking project like this, and interest in original game concepts
- A commitment to working in a culturally safe & supportive environment.
- 2+ years’ experience producing or developing games
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mockups with our unique artistic vision
- Work with the Art Director to develop, maintain and promote a consistent aesthetic style
- Create mood paintings, color studies, and lighting keys to inform and inspire 3D artists and other team members
- Create stylised, highly imaginative environment, landscape & prop concepts, as well as illustrations that invite new ideas & engage others
- Conceptualise, design and help create in-game visual effects
- Iterate on game assets with 3D artists via paint overs and direct feedback
- Collaborate on promotional content
- Optional- attend team field trips (galleries, bushwalks etc) and guest talks
- Optional- participate in the GUCK gamer club and play games socially