Authored onTuesday, 9 November, 2021 - 4:39 PM
At League of Geeks we love breathing life into our games with outstanding animation!
We're seeking a passionate junior animator to join our animation team, with the drive to learn all they can about creating beautiful game animations and experiences for our original titles. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong grasp of animation principles, who wants to develop their place and career in games animation starting from the ground up, embedded and learning from an experienced team.
With guidance from the lead animator and your mentors, you’ll contribute to the artistic vision primarily through character animation. You’ll be expected to actively collaborate with and learn from others to help deliver your work via the game animation pipelines & processes within Maya and Unity.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well-being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Experience creating high quality, detailed, story-driven animated performances.
- Solid understanding of the principles of character animation, deeply interested in crafting stylised, as well as realistic motion.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya and Unity.
- Willingness and ability to take on tasks such as storyboarding, rigging, FX, modelling, texturing if needed.
- Communicate well when discussing and receiving feedback with the game director, art director and lead animator.
- Ability to work independently; seeking guidance and support when necessary.
- Strong commitment to learning and growing within the studio and the animation team.
- Strong commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Create and implement in-game, cinematic and pre-rendered animation for characters - body as well as facial animation -, props, vehicles and other assets.
- Work with third-party and proprietary tools and workflows for producing animation assets.
- With the help of technical artists, engineers and the lead animator, work within the standards and specifications of the animation pipeline and relevant procedures.
- Understand and follow direction from game director, art director and lead animator, flexibly take changes in direction.
- Keep up with aesthetic, technical quality and productivity standards set by the game director, art director, lead animator, as well as technical artists, engineers and producers.
- Closely follow production plans.
- Contribute to building a creative, collaborative environment.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.