Authored byBig Ant Studios
Authored onTuesday, 9 November, 2021 - 12:05 PM
Join Big Ant Studios as a User Interface Programmer and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, building user interfaces that complement the gameplay visuals and experience. You will work within a small, collaborative team where you will have the opportunity to help shape the UI of our future titles.
- Working with the lead engineer to develop UI features and systems
- Collaborating with the UI designers to develop the user experience
- Creating and maintaining technical design documents
- Self-managing programming task schedule updates and coordinating with the production team
- Reviewing user interface and optimising performance and resource utilisation
- Consulting with UI designers to ensure best performance and user experience
- Shipped at least 1 game as UI engineer for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS
- Proficiency in C++
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Works well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with WPF
- Strong knowledge of performance/memory constraints of building game UI required
- Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
- Good debugging skills
- 2+ years programming experience
- Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Experience with NoesisGUI
- Experience with other UI development tools such as like QT
- Experience with design patterns (MVC/MVVM)
- Working knowledge of C#
- Interest in sport
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, beer and pizza Fridays and professional development support.