Authored onMonday, 7 February, 2022 - 11:50 AM
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking an experienced Game Producer to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate has experience working on a live multiplayer game, and has experience taking at least one medium to large scope game from pre-production through to launch, while working with established IP.
This role offers the opportunity to both support the ongoing development of a live product, while also leading the development team into full production of a new game based on an established IP for next-gen consoles!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in North Sydney and working from home, remote positions will be considered depending on the applicant.
- Work with the Production Director, the Game Director, and Department Leads to define deliverable milestones, taking into consideration short and long-term project goals, scope, pipelines, and staffing
- Ensure the development team remains on track to address milestone goals, responding to unexpected changes and development by reprioritisation, or escalating when necessary
- Focus on future update timelines including defining update scope and build schedules, while supporting the QA team in delivering and sending builds
- Communicate with IP holders to seek feedback and approval on asset design, narrative and gameplay concepts, as well as deliver development updates
- Contribute to the improvement of production and development processes and tools
- Participate in promotional activities for the game/studio
- Experience as an Associate Producer (or more senior) over the course of a medium-scale game (1.5 - 2 years development)
- Displayed aptitude for organisation, follow-up, and clear written and verbal communication
- Works independently, but isn’t afraid to ask questions or seek support!
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects of different priorities
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Ability to take direction well
Nice to Have
- Qualifications in Project Management are highly regarded, but not necessary
- Experience working directly with IP holders and/or clients
- Experience working on a live game title
- Experience with blockchain technology
While our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience working with IP holders, and experience on both a live game as well as bringing a medium scope game to market, we will provide support and training on the job, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.