Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onMonday, 13 June, 2022 - 11:49 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a diverse and inclusive studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year
2020 Winner - British Academy Award (BAFTA) for Evolving Game
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm. We also offer pre-approved overtime pay!
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
We seek an experienced C++ User Interface Programmer to join our incredibly talented team.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Provide software development services
- Design gameplay elements of Path of Exile using modern C++
- Plan, maintain, analyse and review implementations of programming code
- Maintain consistent communication with directors and colleagues
- Work to strict deadlines and schedules
We are seeking someone with:
- Strong knowledge of modern C++
- Excellent communication skills
- 6-months (min) of commercial game programming experience in a professional studio
Must be able to pass our technical C++ programming test (approximately one hour long).
- Experience with our game, Path of Exile
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements , email us your CV, some C++ code samples and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + role you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.