Authored onThursday, 16 June, 2022 - 2:40 PM
At League of Geeks, we own development of our titles all the way from pitch to publish, ensuring the experience we deliver our players is as true to our initial vision as possible. We are looking for a Platform & Release Manager who has a passion for games publishing and a focus on platform pipeline perfection. This opportunity will see you collaborate with our studio’s game directors, developers, artists, and producers, you will manage the submission, publishing pipeline, and successsul release of our two unannounced games, and the management of all platform storefronts post-release. Your creativity, knowledge and experience in this space will make you an appreciated and invaluable player in our team.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 3+ years experience of project management in the videogame industry.
- Documented experience of shipping at least one title to PC and/or console.
- Experience managing external business relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and/or PC release and submission processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise effectively under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of production tools: JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Ability to work independently; managing time, task lists and workflow with ease.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
As a Platform & Release Manager here at League of Geeks, you will own the coordinating, scheduling and the management of the release of two unannounced titles the studio is currently working on as well as:
- Work directly with designers, engineers, artists and other producers to ensure the smooth release of all elements related to the games.
- Coordinating communication and key dates between the development and publishing departments in order to achieve certification from our partners.
- Own the scheduling of the certification process across PC and console.
- Create seamless content development and release processes to improve efficiency and predictability.
- Own the process for submitting builds and store metadata to first party partners.
- Research and organise applicable submission, certification and publishing information for project teams.
- Set up and maintain platform storefronts for all LoG titles.
- Pursue, create and manage platform promotions, features, events and sales for all LoG titles.
- Work closely with project producers on identifying and resolving risks related to releases.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events, including monthly get-togethers.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.