Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onMonday, 1 August, 2022 - 11:57 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of more than 175 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year
2020 Winner - British Academy Award (BAFTA) for Evolving Game
We seek experienced Android/Mobile Programmers to join our incredibly talented team.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Deliver Android code support in our cross-platform environment
- Provide code compliance for Android OS features and solve android specific issues across supported devices
- Implement gameplay elements of Path of Exile Mobile using modern C++
- Plan, maintain, analyse and review implementations of programming code
- Maintain consistent communication with directors and colleagues
- Work within a multiskilled team environment to deadlines and schedules
We are seeking someone with:
- Strong knowledge of modern C++
- Excellent communication skills
- 3 years of mobile game programming experience in a professional studio, with at least 1 successfully published Android title
- Must be able to pass a technical test
- Experience with our game, Path of Exile
What we offer:
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm.
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements in your relevant job description, send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.