Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onThursday, 4 August, 2022 - 3:13 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We are seeking a Senior UI artist to create intuitive and compelling skill icons, item icons and web design in Path of Exile.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Create in-game interface elements from concept to implementation
- Work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the UI in the game and related mediums such as trailers and web.
- Have a firm grasp of colour, texture, usability and aesthetics as they relate to user interfaces.
- Assist with mentorship of other team members within the team
- Coordinate with outsource artists and provide thorough and consistent feedback to our outsource team
- Attend regular team meetings, providing updated status and progress of your deliverables.
We are seeking someone with:
- 3 years of UI work in games, or 5 years of work experience in a related field (advertising, video editing, animation)
- A superior eye for lighting, value, colour, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful User Interfaces
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
- An ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to manage and work within a team
- Passion for creating dark and gritty, yet visually-clear and compelling icons and interfaces
- A deep understanding of the game we produce (Path of Exile)
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
- An avid gamer with a deep understanding of our game, Path of Exile
- Experience working in the game industry highly regarded
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Experience in 3D art
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume, portfolio and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + role you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Grinding Gear Games
2020 Winner - BAFTA Best Expanding Game
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year