Authored bySamurai Punk
Authored onTuesday, 27 September, 2022 - 2:59 PM
Lead Programmer - Samurai Punk
Full Time / Part time / Contract options will be considered
Remote Work or Onsite available
Samurai Punk is a Melbourne-based independent game developer that creates dangerously great games. Starting in 2014, we have focused on always pushing ourselves to build new and interesting games. Our notable releases include Screencheat, Roombo: First Blood, Feather, Justice Sucks as well as many experimental games on itch.io.
We are looking for a Lead Programmer to join our close knit team, you will have the opportunity to create a true impact on the games we make as well as the team around you.
What you’ll be doing
- Take the lead on the big tech decisions for the studio in collaboration with the team.
- Lead and collaborate with other programmers to prototype and ship our titles.
- Plan and advocate for the tech team, managing time and scope to fit within schedules.
- Design and maintain tools to meet the goals of artists/designers and improve team efficiency.
- Maintain and improve our build pipeline, and help manage the build server, dev kits and other related tools.
You Should Have:
- 5+ years of experience in games development
- Shipped multiple commercial titles on consoles
- Deep knowledge in Unity and C# (or equivalent Unreal experience)
- Strong communication skills to clearly express ideas across disciplines, and give pragmatic feedback.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, while mentoring and providing guidance to other programmers, and managing your own time.
- Confidence in architecting gameplay systems for performance and ease of use.
- Experience profiling and optimising to hit performance targets on PC and consoles.
- Good knowledge of Git and source control workflows.
- Experience with build automation and CI.
- Experience working in or leading teams.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and C++
- Tech art and rendering experience.
- Experience with other source control systems (Perforce, Plastic, SVN etc).
- Experience optimising titles to scale across multiple console generations, including both CPU and GPU optimisation.
- Game design fundamentals and knowledge of art pipelines.
Samurai Punk encourages applicants and enquiries from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Lead Programmer - Samurai Punk”