Authored onThursday, 8 September, 2022 - 2:33 PM
At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay.
We're looking for an engineer with the serious technical chops and game development experience to join us in bringing our new projects to life.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 8+ years role-relevant professional experience at videogame development studio/s.
- Videogame development experience using C#/C++
- Shipped multiple commercial videogames.
- Confident knowledge of game development and engineering processes, standards and methodologies, and able to architect and implement clean and concise APIs.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Attentive to detail, thorough and shows strong game design sensibilities.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- A passion for motivating, inspiring, mentoring and educating your fellow team members.
- Ability to work independently; managing time, task lists and workflow with ease.
As a Senior Engineer here at League of Geeks, you will…
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay.
- Develop games for release on multiple platforms.
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Collaborate with others on the team to design and build architectures for new systems, and maintain and improve those of current systems.
- Identify, call out, and fix workflow, pipeline and technology problems.
- Rewrite existing systems as directed for increased functionality, reduced memory usage, and increased performance.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Analyze code performance.
- Document technology implementation details.
- Remain up to date on cutting edge tech relevant to your area of expertise.
- Bring your dog to work. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events, including monthly get-togethers.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.