Authored onThursday, 13 October, 2022 - 12:05 PM
At League of Geeks we are devoted to breaking down the walls between game makers and game players. We are looking for a community manager to work closely with our publishing producer, and development team to maintain the effective, honest and intimate communication with our community that we are known for. You feel comfortable being a voice for our team, communicating publicly in digital spaces, on camera and creating content for our social channels, including live-streamed video content.
As a collaborative, agile team, we love generalists possessing deep specialisations and this is an excellent opportunity for you to invest in your skillset and grow, whilst having a major impact on the experiences we craft and deliver to our players.
Please be aware role successful applicants for this role may be expected to travel multiple times a year, representing the studio and our games at events internationally.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Extremely familiar with the intersection of videogames, game development and online culture.
- Experience cultivating and moderating online communities.
- Have worked with cross -functional teams (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success) to plan and execute supporting community activities
- Ability to support the company’s sales targets, media strategy and PR campaigns, via social media.
- Desire to understand product + marketing holistically and contribute creatively.
- Ability to continually optimise the community experience we offer our players.
- Comfortable online and in the public eye, including appearing on camera regularly and representing the company at events.
- Passionate about being a community and customer advocate with a willingness to go the extra mile to service the community.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Ability to work independently; managing time, task lists and workflow with ease.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
As a Community Manager here at League of Geeks, you will:
- Work with the publishing producer to support LoG’s community and communication strategy.
- Discern, interpret and then advocate internally for our community's best interests.
- Keep the community actively informed and invested in LoG’s strategy and roadmaps.
- Maintain and grow LoG’s presence on social media (including studio and all current and future game projects).
- Cultivate a healthy, safe and engaged community culture across all of LoG’s platforms and communities.
- Create platform specific content (eg. Steam, Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Regularly stream live video from the official LoG Twitch channel, both solo and with other LoG staff.
- Assist the studio director and publishing producer with executing marketing and release plans.
- Provide customer service and support, where necessary.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to ensure the quality of our products and our public image.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events, including monthly get-togethers.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.