Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onWednesday, 8 March, 2023 - 9:01 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a diverse and inclusive studio of 175 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year
2020 Winner - British Academy Award (BAFTA) for Evolving Game
We seek Senior Environment Concept Artists to join us at our studio.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Develop environment concept art, maintaining a consistent aesthetic across the game
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Be aware of project/task schedules and deliver work to deadlines
- Engage with the Creative Director, Art Directors and Producers
We are seeking someone with:
- 3+ years experience as an environment concept artist
- Experience in 2D/3D artistic modelling or texturing in game development
- Superior eye for lighting, value, colour, texture and details
- A firm grasp of composition as it relates to games
- Passion and ability for creating realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team environment
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work within a team environment
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
- Avid gamer with a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
What We Offer:
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm. We also offer pre-approved overtime pay!
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
How To Apply:
If you meet the requirements in your relevant job description, send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.