Authored byKeywords Studios Australia
Authored onThursday, 13 April, 2023 - 9:57 AM
Keywords Australia comprises of Mighty Games, Tantalus Media, and Wicked Workshop.
Together form part of the global Keywords Studios group with over 70+ Studios and 12000+ Employees. We are one of the leading providers of technical services to the video games industry working with the large majority of AAA Publishers.
Working with Keywords Australia provides people the opportunity to work across a wide range of challenging projects, genres, and publishers. You'll also work alongside some of Australia's best in the industry. With global backing we are also able to provide a more secure and stable work environment
Whether you are an Artist, Designer, Producer, Engineer, QA, Animator, we are interested in speaking with you about current and future opportunities. Whether you like to work fully remote, completely in the office or a mix of both, we are flexible to individual needs and requirements.
Did you know the video games industry is worth over $300B and continues to grow at an eye watering rate!
With continued forecasted growth and various government incentives, the Australian and Global Video Games market is craving for experienced video game Artists.
Tantalus Media forms part of the Keywords Studios group, one of the world’s biggest “go-to” providers of technical services across the games industry with 70+ studios across 23 countries. We have studios in Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
With several AAA titles from some of the world’s best publishers in the pipeline, we're looking for Senior Artists with outsourcing experience who are eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Tantalus business is renowned for across the globe.
With over 100 games under our belt, including franchises such as Age of Empires, The Legend of Zelda, Cities Skylines, Sonic Mania and Mass Effect (just to name a few), we’re only now scratching the surface of our team’s potential.
We are a seeking an experienced Senior Artist/Manager with generalist skills to create and review assets on our broad range of PC and console projects.
Leading and managing other Artists, you will also assist in establishing artistic standards and best practices, help mentor and guide team members and foster a creative and collaborative environment.
While it is expected that this position will often be producing game ready assets a large part of the role will involve reviewing and providing feedback in regard to incoming third party assets. As such the candidate will need to have a high level of both technical and aesthetic skills. They will also need to be well organised and excellent communicators. All of these skills will need to be demonstrable.
- Create and review exceptional assets within defined technical limitations. This includes but is not limited to – environments and prop models, characters, textures and materials
- Work with artists internal and external to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of art assets
- Supervise and mentor junior artists on the team
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to other team members
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts and concerns
- Explore new technologies and techniques to achieve best possible results
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, designers and engineers
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Actively participate in discussions, creative brainstorms, troubleshooting
- Contribute towards a positive and supportive company culture
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 8+ years creating high-quality 3D art assets for AAA games
- Strong demonstrable artistic skills
- Proficient in next-gen asset creation
- Demonstrable asset tracking and general organisational skills.
- Proficient with industry standard tools like Maya, 3DMax, Substance Painter and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for games, an interest and awareness in the latest trends, tools, technology and approaches in creating content.
All applications will be responded to. Sure you’ll get our automated acknowledgement email but you’ll know where things are at within seven business days of your application. Hopefully sooner.
If you progress, we’ll invite to an initial call with Stan our Head of Talent Acquisition. Depending on the outcome of this discussion we may invite you to either a technical online assessment or first round interview. Where required a second interview may follow. All candidates interviewed will be provided with feedback.
Not sure about applying and want to know a little more information? Feel free to contact Stan Rolfe on 0416048976. Stan is based in Perth, so please leave him a message if he doesn’t answer your call first thing in the morning.