Authored byKeywords Studios Australia
Authored onThursday, 13 April, 2023 - 9:15 AM
- Why work for one publisher when you can work with many?
- Work on diverse and challenging projects with a highly regarded team!
Founded in 2001, Wicked Witch is a leading game developer based in Melbourne, Australia.
With a long history of technical excellence and a passion for art and game design, the team continue to deliver at the highest level, working with some of the world’s most prominent publishers across both console and PC.
From humble beginnings, the studio has evolved and grown over the years supporting the local Australian game market working on the AFL and Rugby Sports franchises, developing the hit mobile game Catapult King and delivering Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.
Since acquisition by Keywords Studios in 2021, we are undergoing exciting growth as we gear up exclusively for AAA game development across various platforms including PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and PC.
As part of our expansion, we are seeking an experienced and versatile Senior or Mid-level UI/UX Designer to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces for our broad range of PC and console projects.
Working closely with game designers and engineers, you will utilise the full gamut of your art, illustration and graphic design skills to craft and implement polished user experiences.
- Create UX wireframes, storyboards and sketches to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Assist in defining the look and feel of key user interfaces, and engage in all aspects of the design process to ensure there is consistency and respect for the artistic vision and quality standards of the game
- Produce clear and communicative mock-ups and design solutions
- Create finished UI assets – icons, typography etc
- Work with engineers and other team members in understanding the functionality necessary for implementing various interface / interaction solutions.
- Implement ideas in-engine from greybox to polished final pass
- Problem solve any visual issues that may arise throughout development
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to other team members and effectively communicate ideas, concepts and concerns
- Explore new technologies and techniques to achieve best possible results
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Actively participate in discussions, creative brainstorms, troubleshooting
- Contribute towards a positive and supportive company culture
- Aprox. 5+ years of professional industry (Video Games) experience
- Exceptional interface art and graphic design skills
- Ability to work in a diverse range of styles
- Excellent time management skills
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Proficient with industry standard tools like Photoshop and Illustrator, with a high capacity to learn new tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for games, an interest and awareness in the latest trends, tools, technology and approaches in creating content.
- Experience in AAA game development
- Familiar with Figma
- Experience in motion graphics, animation and creating in-engine VFX
- Current development experience with Unity, UE4 or UE5
- Traditional art / drawing / painting skill
All applications will be responded to. Sure you’ll get our automated acknowledgement email but you’ll know where things are at within seven to ten business days of your application. Hopefully sooner.
If you progress, we’ll invite to an initial call with Stan our Head of Talent Acquisition. Depending on the outcome of this discussion we may invite you to either a technical online assessment or first round interview. Where required a second interview may follow. All candidates interviewed will be provided with feedback.
Not sure about applying and want to know a little more information? Feel free to contact Stan Rolfe on 0416048976. Stan is based in Perth, so please leave him a message if he doesn’t answer your call first thing in the morning.