Authored byToast VR
Authored onThursday, 25 May, 2023 - 5:10 PM
Location: Gold Coast
We’re looking for an experienced Unity VFX artist who is specialised in stylised visual effects to join us to produce our next exciting title, a new VR platformer game.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with Unity VFX experience to transition into the VR industry (from film or similar ) OR for a VR industry veteran to focus on one major game and have impact and influence.
About Us @ Toast VR.
We are a family owned company located in beautiful Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast in Australia.
We specialise in VR games, including the famous Richie’s Plank Experience which has been a global best seller for the last 6 years.
We have an incredible culture of positive work-life integration and we operate with a social conscience.
We aren’t just making games… we are making games that create impact on the world and we want you to join us on our mission!
About The Role
This role is for an experienced Unity VFX Artist to bring your strong understanding of form, shape, colour, timing and animation and take on an important role in guiding the visual direction of our next VR game for PlayStation VR, Oculus Quest and PC headsets (secret code name is currently “Matilda”).
You’ll be joining a crew of enthusiastic and committed developers in our Burleigh office and we have the ability to fit this project role around you - meaning full or part time hours.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Creating, setting up and implementing particle systems for characters and props
- Creating 3D geometry and textures for use with VFX
- Matching the VFX to the art style of the game
You’re the sort of person who works in a highly focused way with a naturally high attention to detail, always maintaining a balance between visual quality and performance requirements.
More About You
- You have a minimum of 2 years professional experience in VFX creation
- You have excellent knowledge of Unity + Amplify shaders
- You have an eye for detail and strong visualisation skills and you can use it for creative efficient and impactful visual effects
- You have a flair for creating fun VFX with unique personalities, utilising a wide range of software
- You are comfortable navigating Unity projects to implement your VFX
- You can work independently, QA your own work and have excellent time management skills
- You want to work in a dynamic hybrid way - coming into the office at least 1 day per week
- You have strong verbal and written English skills
- You are self motivated, proactive and you can speak up and share your opinion.
- You enjoy collaborating and working with others and succeeding as a team
- You have a genuine interest in VR
- BONUS points if you have >> Knowledge of node based programs such Houdini and Substance Designer; can write your own shaders or have experience with game development or in the VR industry
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first Australians. We acknowledge the impact of settlement to First Nations culture and recognise the social, economic and educational challenges that continue to be faced today.
How To Apply
If you’ve read this far and you want to apply, please provide a cover letter answering the 5 questions below, with a link to your updated portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Briefly describe your experience and what parts of this role stood out to you and why?
- What does a great team look like to you?
- What does your ideal working arrangement look like? (How many hours are you looking for and what’s your perfect blend of working in our office versus remote?)
- What are you currently earning and when can you start?
- What are your career dreams and how does this role fit into it?