Authored byUltimate Studio
Authored onWednesday, 2 August, 2023 - 11:46 AM
ABOUT ULTIMATE STUDIO
Ultimate Studio is a Melbourne based games studio on a mission to build remarkable long lasting games. To do this we want to bring passionate and talented people together, and give them the resources, time and space to focus on building games. We are currently looking for driven developers to join our experienced teams to help shape and build two high fidelity action PC games using Unreal Engine. Ultimate Studio is also a remote first workplace built on trust that caters for flexible working hours.
As an Animator, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of animations for one of our upcoming PC titles. Working closely with the Lead Animator and the game team, you will play a key role in conceptualizing, designing, and creating high-quality animations for a new, highly dynamic co-op third-person shooter. This full-time role requires a deep understanding of animation techniques, proficiency in the latest animation tools and software, and the ability to deliver animations that enhance gameplay and bring worlds to life. A self-driven and collaborative mindset is essential to champion animation while working with both creative and technical stakeholders to deliver remarkable results that captivate players.
- Collaborate with the Lead Animator to support the creation of the overall visual style and animation vision.
- Produce animation composites to showcase ideas and concepts effectively.
- Design and create high-quality animations that bring the game design, world and character personalities to life.
- Create and modify assets to facilitate the rapid prototyping of animations and experimental features.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure proper integration and triggering of character animations within the game.
- Ensure character animations meet technical requirements, memory constraints, and performance guidelines.
- Work with production to define project milestones, scope, and timelines for animation deliverables.
- Continuously develop and refine best practices and workflows to optimize production efficiency and achieve high-quality character animations.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A portfolio demonstrating strong skills in animation.
- Proficiency in animation software and tools, such as Maya, 3ds Max, or equivalent.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine or other game engines.
- Understanding of memory and performance limitations in relation to animations.
- Effective time and workload management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for character performances and movement.
- A passion for storytelling through character animation and the ability to bring characters to life.
- Experience in storyboarding and cinematic animation is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning is a plus.