Authored byHipster Whale
Authored onTuesday, 12 September, 2023 - 4:59 PM
Hipster Whale is searching for a seasoned Marketing Manager to join our team! You’ll lead the marketing strategy of our studio & game titles and collaborate with the team to bring plans to fruition. The role will encompass crafting marketing strategies, managing social media, and handling PR & communications. As part of our creative and skilled team, you'll have the chance to unleash your creativity and analytical skills, helping us deliver the joy of Crossy Road to millions!
We are looking for someone Melbourne based or open to relocating, and you must possess a valid Visa allowing you to work in Australia. Preference will be given to candidates based in Melbourne. While we will consider highly experienced remote applicants, it's imperative that there is significant overlap with our core business hours.
We offer a hybrid work arrangement (with a minimum of 2 days per week in the studio) and support flexibility to accommodate individual needs where possible. This is a permanent position with a negotiable workload and schedule if full-time isn’t preferable for you.
We’re proud to have an inclusive work environment and encourage members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply!
- Build and execute marketing strategies for the studio and our games, to widen our audience reach and build wonderful experiences for our community
- Collaborate with external partners and platforms on marketing beats, content, and asset approvals
- Oversee our social media strategy, accounts and partnerships
- Ensure positive relationships with our community, including players, media and industry peers
- Write creative briefs and coordinate art asset requirements
- Confidently edit copy for all press and marketing materials
- Ensure marketing content and activities are aligned with brand guidelines and studio values
- Support App Store Optimization and User Acquisition campaigns as required
- 5+ years experience working in a games marketing role
- Experience working in a team environment and a willingness to dive into additional tasks that might come up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects of varying priorities and timelines
- Ability to set strategy, budget and assessment for marketing campaigns, and report on outcomes regularly
- Enthusiasm for games and a good sense of humour!
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar)
- Experience producing graphics in Photoshop (or similar)
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the role as well as a CV outlining your experience to: email@example.com with [POSITION TITLE - YOUR NAME] in the subject line.
The email should include:
- Your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Hipster Whale
- Base salary is 100k+ AUD depending on experience and skills
- The workload and hours are negotiable, depending on individual needs
- We aim to move through the recruitment process as quickly as possible and will respond to all applicants regardless of the outcome.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we’re unfortunately not able to provide specific feedback to each applicant.
- Applications are open until filled
About Hipster Whale
Hipster Whale is a multi-award winning Australian studio located in the heart of Melbourne.
Our first release, Crossy Road, quickly became a viral success and today the title has amassed more than 500 million downloads globally! Along the way, we’ve joined forces with world-renowned companies such as Bandai Namco and Disney to create chart toppers like PAC-MAN 256 and Disney Crossy Road.
We love making arcade action games that are easy to play but hard to master, and will keep players coming back for years to come!
Hipster Whale fosters an inclusive, supportive, creative, and fun work environment. Our studio operates on mutual respect, kindness, and trust. There are many benefits to working at Hipster Whale, some of which are paid parental leave, profit share, career development, travel opportunities, flexibility, and a stunning centrally located office.