Authored byHipster Whale
Authored onTuesday, 12 September, 2023 - 4:54 PM
Hipster Whale is seeking a talented Producer to play a key role in maintaining the momentum of our projects! You’ll be a highly proficient communicator who understands the importance of providing continuous clarity to ensure projects run smoothly. Your experience will demonstrate an ability to successfully ship commercial titles and collaborate with external stakeholders, doing so using various industry-standard tools and processes such as Agile methodology.
We are looking for someone Melbourne based or open to relocating, and you must possess a valid Visa allowing you to work in Australia. Preference will be given to candidates based in Melbourne. While we will consider highly experienced remote applicants, it's imperative that there is significant overlap with our core business hours.
We offer a hybrid work arrangement (with a minimum of 2 days per week in the studio) and support flexibility to accommodate individual needs where possible.
We’re proud to have an inclusive work environment and encourage members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply!
- Oversee multiple projects and collaborate with all departments to ensure a shared understanding of project design, constraints, and milestones
- Prioritise the focus and control the scope of projects so that the teams can successfully deliver high quality work
- Identify and problem solve when scope, deadlines or quality are not going to hit targets & help teams to reorganise early and often so surprises are minimised
- Facilitate clear and consistent communication within teams and external stakeholders (e.g. calling meetings, taking minutes or updating project documentation)
- Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and schedules
- Maintain Jira and Confluence so that roadmaps, issues, and releases are defined and up to date
- Identify and remedy areas where process and procedures can be improved to increase productivity, clear communication, and/or quality output
- Be a strong advocate for the quality of our games as well as the wellbeing of our teams
- 4+ years experience in the games industry or similar, having delivered multiple commercial projects
- A deep understanding of core production principles and practices, including Agile
- Advanced communication skills and experience working with all levels within an organisation, in addition to external stakeholders
- Experience of using task management tools such as Jira
- Experience working with spreadsheets
- Enthusiasm for games and a good sense of humour!
- Scrum Master certification
- Project management certification
- Experience working in other disciplines
- Just because we’re calling out for a Producer, doesn’t mean we aren’t extremely interested in hearing about any particular interests you have that may contribute positively to our studio!
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the role as well as a CV outlining your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org with [POSITION TITLE - YOUR NAME] in the subject line.
The email should include:
- Your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in joining Hipster Whale
- Base salary is 80-120K+ AUD depending on experience and skills.
- This is a full-time on-going position
- We aim to move through the recruitment process as quickly as possible and will respond to all applicants regardless of the outcome.
- Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we’re unfortunately not able to provide specific feedback to each applicant.
- Applications are open until filled
About Hipster Whale
Hipster Whale is a multi-award winning Australian studio located in the heart of Melbourne.
Our first release, Crossy Road, quickly became a viral success and today the title has amassed more than 500 million downloads globally! Along the way, we’ve joined forces with world-renowned companies such as Bandai Namco and Disney to create chart toppers like PAC-MAN 256 and Disney Crossy Road.
We love making arcade action games that are easy to play but hard to master, and will keep players coming back for years to come!
Hipster Whale fosters an inclusive, supportive, creative, and fun work environment. Our studio operates on mutual respect, kindness, and trust. There are many benefits to working at Hipster Whale, some of which are paid parental leave, profit share, career development, travel opportunities, flexibility, and a stunning centrally located office.