Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 10 October, 2023 - 12:14 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a diverse and inclusive studio of 175 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year
2020 Winner - British Academy Award (BAFTA) for Evolving Game
We seek Senior 3D Animators to join us at our studio. A Senior Animator is responsible for creating animation assets and working with the Creative Director, Animation Lead, Designers, and Riggers to realise characters, creatures/monsters, or special effects.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
We are seeking someone with:
- 5 years of animation experience in a professional studio
- Solid body mechanics and experience animating general combat, melee weapons and magic for human characters and creatures
- Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline and the ability to create high-quality animation
- Fluency in Maya
- The ability to take constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude
- The capability to work independently. A self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills
Must have examples of human and creature animation, as well as examples of hand-keyed combat, gameplay animation on your Reel.
Must be willing to complete an animation test if requested to do so.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Avid gamer with a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes
What we offer:
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm.
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements in your relevant job description, send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.