Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 31 October, 2023 - 11:12 AM
Grinding Gear Games is seeking a Sound Editor to focus on editing and post production for the in-game dialogue of Path of Exile.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
Relocation assistance (for the right candidate, if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Coordinate with our audio team, talent and other departments to edit dialogue samples into a consistent narrative throughout Path of Exile
- Reduce noise, normalise volume and add narrative effects for dialogue and audio samples post production
- Design dark and gritty sound effects from concept to implementation
- Create audio using a firm grasp of engineering practices, including recording techniques
- Work side-by-side with other departments to create the highest quality audio and maintain artistic consistency and expectations set by the studio
We are seeking someone with:
- 1+ years experience in audio for games or in a related field (studio work or film/television)
- Experience with Pro Tools software
- Experience with FMOD or other audio engine tools
- Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team
- Passion for creating 'dark and gritty' sounds and for ‘dark and gritty’ story telling
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant skills required.
Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
- Experience with our game, Path of Exile
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume, a showreel and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and role you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.