Hipster Whale is looking for a talented Unity Mobile Game Developer to help develop an existing mobile game, in the arcade genre.
Working under direction from our producer and our designer, you will be rapidly implementing new gameplay mechanics and features including gameplay iterations and new UI systems. You will be provided detailed development tasks in Unity, and there will also be opportunities to contribute your own ideas.
This is a 3 month full-time contract, and can be done remotely. However it will be necessary to be available during some crossover hours with our team in Melbourne, Australia each day.
The ideal candidate will have experience in taking an early stage project through to polished release, and is knowledgeable about mobile game development.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- - Working with our producer and our designer to rapidly iterate on new gameplay mechanics
- - Implementing new UI screens and flows using Unity UI
- - Integrating mobile ad networks to serve rewarded video ads
- - Integrating mobile IAP to allow customers to purchase in-game content
- - Integrating analytics event hooks
- - Implementing art assets from our team’s artist
- - Optimizing the game for mobile devices
- - Minimum 2 years (or equivalent) experience with Unity and C#
- - Worked on shipped mobile games (commercial games, hobby projects, etc.)
- - Strong experience with Unity’s 2D physics engine (forces, angular velocity, friction, etc.)
- - Experience with mobile SDKs (ads, IAP, analytics)
- - Experience with Unity UI
- - Experience with version control (SVN, Git, etc.)
- - Experience with Scriptable Objects, particle systems and nested-prefab workflow
- - Experience with Unity particle systems
- - Familiarity with agile development (Jira, Kanban, sprints, etc.)
- - Familiarity with “Scriptable Object asset-based variables”
- - Enthusiasm for arcade mobile games
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, as well as a CV outlining your experience to: email@example.com with [POSITION TITLE - YOUR NAME] in the subject.
Applications close Thursday 10 September 2020.