At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences and a major part of this is having juicy visual effects! We're looking for a VFX artist available full-time. You will be pivotal in the process of developing and creating particle and visual effects for our new project and original IP.
Short to long term contracts available depending on the experience and availability of the applicant. Remote opportunities are available. Relocation options & ongoing work will be considered for people who are interested in full-time positions and are perfect fits for the project!
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP we’re developing in partnership with Private Division, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Experience building particle effects in Unity using Shuriken and Shader Graph.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects and any other tools that might help you to create professional effects, such as Maya particle/dynamics, Fume etc.
- Have a great eye for VFX aesthetics, timing and animation.
- Comfortable creating shaders using Shader Graph (or equivalent) for VFX.
- The ability to adapt the style of your effects to suit the art direction of different games.
- Thoroughness and high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- 3+ years making in-game special effects for games, or shipped titles demonstrating your experience and skill set.
- VFX Graph knowledge.
- Experience using Substance Designer.
- Experience creating motion effects.
- The ability to model any 3D assets for your visual effects.
- Experience using Houdini.
- Examples of illustrative/Anime inspired VFX in your folio.
- To take ownership of the creation and quality of VFX in LoG's games, while collaborating with a Technical Artist.
- Contribute to improvements in VFX production workflows and pipelines.
- Help develop visual effects in and out of game.
- To work with, and take direction from the Technical Artist and Art Director and make revisions as needed.
- Follow established production pipelines, procedures and conventions, and to help document these where required.
- Actively improve your skillset by keeping up to date with industry trends and techniques.
- Collaborate with other artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life.
- Help LoG build and maintain a great working culture through positive teamwork. This includes contributing to constructive peer feedback, assisting more junior members/work experience students and raising any issues early with their Lead so they may be resolved.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable work hours.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.