Join Big Ant Studios as an Animator and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio. Working as part of a small collaborative team, your input will impact the design of current and future titles whilst building your skills.
We encourage applications and enquiries from women and underrepresented developers.
• Work with art and code team members to improve character visuals, such as mesh deformation, facial animation, cloth and hair dynamics.
• Edit and clean motion capture data using Motion Builder
• Design animation systems with gameplay team members
• Coordinate and direct motion capture shoots
• Strong animation skills, especially with body mechanics
• Strong technical skills in Motion Builder and Maya
• Good working knowledge of cloth and hair dynamics, ideally in video-games
• Creative problem solver
• Keen eye for detail and composition
• Team player
• Working knowledge of Vicon Blade and motion capture
• Experience with scripting languages (Mel, Python, Lua)
• Solid understanding of classic animation fundamentals.
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, beer and pizza Fridays and professional development support.