Our studio is set to get even bigger and better throughout this year! During this exciting time of growth and development, we are looking for a talented Lead Developer who is driven by not only how to build incredible games, but how to lead the incredible engineering team responsible for making them.
As a key member of LoG's leadership team, the lead developer will work in partnership with the technical director to support and manage people, pipelines and processes within the code department. You will sense changes in the environment in order to administer and allocate engineering talent and resources to meet production's needs, whilst maintaining a sustainable, healthy and positive working environment for your team to thrive in. You are an expert in your craft and will be able to provide critical guidance to the code department to achieve project and personal goals.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP, we'd love to hear from you!
**Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 5+ years relevant experience at videogame development studio/s.
- Experience leading/managing videogame engineering teams on commercial PC and/or console titles.
- Experienced in C++ and/or C#.
- Extensive technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Detail sensitivity and strong design sensibilities.
- A passion for managing/supporting/mentoring your fellow engineers!
- Collaborate with the technical director to ensure a unified departmental vision is maintained and those values/standards become everyday practice across the team.
- Collaborate with others on the team to design and build architectures for new systems while maintaining and improving those of current systems.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Assist production in setting effective goals and themes for sprints and milestones, coordinating directly with the game director to ensure a unified vision for our projects.
- Guide your department, the studio and our projects towards long term success by advocating for everything from better tools to creative concerns.
- Take responsibility in ensuring the quality of code produced by the department meets LoG's industry-leading standards.
- Work with production, the technical director and your team to ensure departmental deadlines are met.
- Utilise your technical experience and skills to employ your craft and work "on tools" alongside the code team as needed.
- In counsel with the technical director and studio manager, lead departmental recruitment and hiring initiatives.
- Work to maintain your team members’ morale and engagement, whilst remaining attentive to their physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Assist your team members in developing and reaching their personal and professional development goals.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the code team, consistently leading through exemplary performance, professionalism, resourcefulness, mindfulness and integrity.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable work hours.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to email@example.com
In your cover letter please let us know how your past experiences have prepared you for your role of Lead Developer at League of Geeks.
Base salary on offer (excluding benefits) is between $100,000 p.a ~ $175,000 p.a, dependent on previous experience of the applicant.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest.