At League of Geeks, we believe in building the tools and pipelines for creatives to do what they love the most - making wonderful games!
We're looking for a Technical Artist with a passion for building procedural content pipelines using tools like Houdini and Substance Designer.
You'll work closely with both the code and art departments to see our exciting new game's vision come to life, building art directable tools that can deliver content at scale.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP we’re developing in partnership with Private Division, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 3+ years professional game development (or role relevant) experience.
- Professional experience with using SideFX Houdini to create digital assets.
- Fluency in languages such as Mel and Python.
- The initiative and passion to champion technical solutions to enable the art team to meet their goals.
- Dedication to actively improving your skillset by keeping up to date with industry trends and techniques.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Building out and maintaining our Houdini and Substance Designer pipelines.
- Maintaining asset bundle organization in engine.
- Contributing to the internal tech-art tools.
- Developing solutions for technical challenges faced by content and feature teams.
- Collaborating with artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life.
- Helping LoG build and maintain a great working culture through positive teamwork!
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.