Totem Learning Ltd.
Game/ App Developer
Salary : DOE
Based in Coventry, UK
Are you game for change? Totem Learning has an excellent opportunity for a full time developer to join our internal dev team; working on serious games, e-learning solutions and games for entertainment (both bespoke and own IP).
With experience in C++, C# and Unity, you will ideally have completed at least one full development cycle. It would also be beneficial if you have experience of iOS and Android development and any experience with facial tracking would be very useful for the initial project.
What will you be responsible for?
- Ownership of technical aspects on live projects to which you are assigned
- Effective collaboration with Creative Producers on high level designs, project scoping and scheduling
- Collaborating with team members, tracking and communicating progress to management
- Identifying the risks, dependencies, and priorities in a project
- Working directly on code architecture, task estimations and risk management
- Contributing to the continuous development of our tools, game engine technology and overall project quality
What experience and skills should you have?
- Strong C#/C ++ skills
- Unity 3D, Visual Studio & Editor Scripting
- Knowledge and experience of software architecture and design theory
- Object Oriented Programming/Events/Delegates/Generics
- Agile and Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of version control software, preferably GIT
What other experience or skills do you have? (not essential but considered a plus)
- Demonstrable experience with cross-platform, browser and/or mobile development
- Game development background (Entertainment, e-Learning or Serious Games)
- Server technology or database design
- Understanding of LMS and Scorm
- Experience with exotic peripherals and custom hardware
- At least 1 software development lifecycles completed
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed and friendly company atmosphere
- Work-life balance, minimal crunch
- Regular training sessions and opportunities to progress and learn new skills
What makes a great fit for Totem?
- A strong team player with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A can do attitude and a strong focus on quality
- A willingness to contribute to other aspects of the business including design, PR, events etc
- Curiosity and a love of problem-solving
- The ability to work efficiently and autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for games & technology and their uses to aid learning
About Totem Learning
Totem Learning has a rich heritage of serious games and continues to champion the use of games in learning, with additional learning technologies such as mobile apps and emergent technologies to form blended learning solutions.
If you are interested in applying, please send us a concise covering letter, CV and any relevant examples of your work via email to email@example.com. Please note that we will endeavour to acknowledge all applications but cannot guarantee an interview for all candidates.