Game Programming Teacher – AIE Sydney
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), the leading educator in game development, 3D animation and VFX, is looking for an experienced game programmer to deliver Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development (Game Programming) and/or associated certificate courses at our Sydney campus.
The Advanced Diploma is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on the core skills required by game programmers. The successful applicant will develop, update and deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year. Teaching experience is valued but not critical. Strong communication skills, a team orientated attitude and commercial games programming development experience are essential.
The successful applicant will be working within a supportive and highly skilled team, across all campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Delivering the course content for the Advanced Diploma and/or associated courses using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorials
• Advising and assisting students on both programming and technical issues in team environments
• Monitoring student progress including attendance, course competencies, informal and formal assessment
• Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises
• Detailed, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++ and C# for game programming and the application of middleware.
• Ability to keep knowledge current with industry standards and further
• own learning as required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110 or
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Knowledge of Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
• Prior teaching experience an advantage
• Formal qualification in a relevant area
• This is a full-time position with a 5-month probation period.
• Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
• Applicants need to be able to apply for, or currently hold, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
To find out more, get in touch with Neil Boyd, Head of School via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 8514 8800