We are looking for an Audio Composer and Engineer to create amazing music and sound effects for our new, unannounced, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game. This will be a short term, fixed budget contract.
- Ability to compose, create, record and arrange high quality music in a variety of styles
- Ability to create and record sound effects ranging from realistic to cartoony
- Ability to create non-linear and looping music tracks
- Experience and knowledge of Surround Sound audio creation techniques
- Ability to create samples which can be down sampled at a variety of bit-rates and in mono and/or stereo
- Previous experience in video games with at least 1 game credit in a major audio role
- Well versed in current games music styles in particular friendly, upbeat ones
You must be a good communicator and able to work in a small, friendly team. You should also be able to communicate your work to the whole team including programmers, designers and non-technical team members. You should be able to take direction and critical feedback well and be able to look at your own work in a critical manner.
You must be self motivated and able to work to deadlines. You will be required to work with the Creative Director to set your deadlines and be able to realistically schedule and work to these.
You must be available to work in Pyrmont, Sydney and have valid work permits and/or visas to do so. As such candidates currently based outside of Australia/NZ will not be considered. You will not be required to work on site full time but candidates based in Sydney are preferred.
If you are interested we would love to hear from you! Please apply to us at email@example.com with:
- A copy of your résumé
- A list of the titles you have worked on and what your role was
- Links to videos or demos showcasing your audio talents
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Please list the job title in the subject line of your email